BAD BREATH & BLEEDING GUMS
- Bad breath, or halitosis, is characterized by an unpleasant odor of the mouth.
- Causes of bad breath include food, tobacco products, poor dental hygiene, health problems, dry mouth, oral infections, dental problems, or medications.
- Symptoms of bad breath include unpleasant odor or taste in the mouth, dry mouth, or white coating on the tongue.
- Treatments for bad breath include proper dental hygiene, mouthwash, sugar-free gum, quitting smoking, and changing bad habits.
- Bad breath can usually be prevented by proper tooth brushing, quitting smoking, and avoiding foods that cause bad breath odors.